Mercedes-Benz Maintenance Technician
eStar is the new name for Mercedes-Benz Vans and Trucks in the North-West and North Wales. Our mission is to create an exceptional experience for the region's commercial vehicle community, driven by our customer's needs and inspired by the latest vehicle technology.
We currently have over 300 staff, located across 5 dealerships. Our locations include Warrington, Deeside, Liverpool, Stoke-on-Trent and finally, Trafford Park, which we will soon be transforming into our "eEducation Centre".
With the introduction of a new Board of Directors, who bring a wealth of industry experience, as well as a commitment to the wellbeing and development of our people - you really couldn’t pick a better time to join. Our business is built on communication, and when you join - you will immediately notice the friendly, hard-working team environment.
We strongly believe in retaining our staff, which is why invest in the future of our people - providing relevant training and development opportunities, so you can exceed in your role and further expand your skills. The team here at eStar are advocates for the Mercedes-Benz brand and always strive to provide the highest level of service, so we can build fantastic relationships and continually exceed our customers’ expectations.
We value our employees – and provide:
- Career development opportunities
- Regular training
- Rewards and benefits
- Superb working conditions
- Branded uniform for customer-facing staff
- Free onsite parking
- Regular internal communications
- Wellbeing check-ins
- Company pension contribution
Mercedes-Benz Maintenance Technician Job Summary
We currently have an opportunity for a qualified, professional and competent Commercial Vehicle Technician to join our team at our Mercedes-Benz dealership located in Deeside.
Duties include carrying out servicing, diagnostic testing and repairs to Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicles, carrying out vehicle inspections/MOT preparations and repairs, and carrying out class 4,5 & 7 MOT tests (if qualified).
For more qualified and experienced Technicians without experience of working on Mercedes-Benz vehicles, there may be an opportunity to fast track your Mercedes-Benz Technical Qualifications.
Job Type / Category
This is a full-time permanent position, working in our modern workshop with excellent facilities;
- Your normal working hours will be alternating shifts either 07:00 to 3:30 or 13:30 to 10:00, Monday to Friday.
- 21 paid day’s holiday per year
- Additional leave
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
You will be competent in the servicing and repairing of vehicles to the highest Manufacturer standards. As well as technical competence in the mechanics of a vehicle, you will also have thorough knowledge of the electrical components and be comfortable with using the latest diagnostic equipment to identify and rectify faults.
Experience of working with Mercedes-Benz vehicles using Mercedes-Benz diagnostic equipment would be preferred however further Mercedes-Benz training will be provided. A minimum qualification of NVQ/City and Guilds level 3 Certificate is required. You must hold a current driving licence and a Class 4, 5 & 7 MOT qualification is preferred, although not essential.
The successful applicant will be:
- Experienced in either light commercial vehicle or passenger car maintenance.
- Enthusiastic, have a positive 'can do' attitude and willingness to work as part of a team and be driven to succeed.
- Customer-focused and fully committed to delivering the highest professional standards.
- Resilient, thorough and accurate when completing a task with strong attention to detail.
- Honest with high levels of integrity.
- Flexible, self-motivated and be able to work under their own initiative, as well as being able to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
We offer more than a job, when you join us you are placed on a career path with a clear pay structure linked to your progress and Personal Development Plan through the Mercedes-Benz Technical Training Pathway and Qualifications.
To discover more about the role, or to apply, please send a copy of your CV to our HR Team.
>>> Apply Now