Nightshift Technician - Liverpool
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a qualified, professional and competent Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicle Technician to join our team at our dealership located in Wavertree, Liverpool.
eStar Truck and Van is an approved Mercedes-Benz Dealership with 5 locations covering the North-West and North- Wales, selling the full range of new and used Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicles, including the Vito, Sprinter and Citan vans, Atego, Actros, Arocs and Econic trucks, as well as the FUSO Canter.
We also provide aftersales support for the full range of Mercedes-Benz Vans, Trucks and FUSO Canter, as well as 24-hour commercial vehicle workshops, GenuineParts and ReMan Parts, 24-hour roadside assistance and recovery, VOSA Authorised Testing Facilities, Servicing and MOT class 4, 5, 7.
This is a full-time permanent position, working in our modern workshop with excellent facilities;
- Your normal working hours will be 19:00 to 07:00, Tuesday to Friday.
- 24 paid day’s holiday per year.
Duties include carrying out servicing, diagnostic testing and repairs to Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicles, carrying out vehicle inspections/MOT preparations and repairs, and carrying out class 4,5 & 7 MOT tests (if qualified). For more qualified and experienced Technicians without the experience of working on Mercedes-Benz vehicles, there may be an opportunity to fast-track your Mercedes-Benz Technical Qualifications.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
You will be competent in the servicing and repairing of vehicles to the highest Manufacturer standards. As well as technical competence in the mechanics of a vehicle, you will also have a thorough knowledge of the electrical components and be comfortable with using the latest diagnostic equipment to identify and rectify faults.
Experience of working with Mercedes-Benz vehicles using Mercedes-Benz diagnostic equipment would be preferred however further Mercedes-Benz training will be provided. A minimum qualification of NVQ/City and Guilds level 3 Certificate is required. You must hold a current driving licence and a Class 4, 5 & 7 MOT qualification is preferred, although not essential.
The successful applicant will be:
- Experienced in either light commercial vehicle or passenger car maintenance.
- Enthusiastic, have a positive 'can-do' attitude and willingness to work as part of a team and be driven to succeed.
- Customer-focused and fully committed to delivering the highest professional standards.
- Resilient, thorough and accurate when completing a task with strong attention to detail.
- Honest with high levels of integrity.
- Flexible, self-motivated and be able to work under their own initiative, as well as being able to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
We offer more than a job, when you join us you are placed on a career path with a clear pay structure linked to your progress and Personal Development Plan through the Mercedes-Benz Technical Training Pathway and Qualifications.
If you are interested in applying for this role, email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.